The advantages of obtaining an ICANN Accreditation can be broadly categoarized as:
The Cost Advantage
- Buy at Base Cost: Registrars buy directly from the Registries:
||Average Wholesale Cost
The Brand Advantage
- Consumer/Industry Recognition - The ICANN Accredited Registrar logo represents a sign of trust, stability and strength. Every Whois query of a customer’s domain states the Registrar’s name.
- Differentiation - There are only 150 active ICANN Accredited Registrars as against the 1000's of Resellers worldwide.
- Boost Sales of Allied Services - Expansion in domain name growth provides Registrars with the opportunity to accelerate sales of various other high-margin web presence products (like web & email hosting, website builder, etc.) that most customers need along with a domain name.
- Tap the Reseller Market - ICANN Accredited Registrars have the best chance to establish and retain a wholesale business through an extensive Reseller network.
- Complete Control, Autonomy and Secrecy – Obtain complete autonomy and flexibility over support, marketing and all other mission critical facets of your domain registration business.
Additional Revenue Opportunities
Click here to download a FREE PDF which explains the advantages of obtaining an ICANN Accreditation.
- Domain Parking - Registrars reserve the ability to monetize all inactive and expired domains sponsored by them resulting in additional revenue opportunities.
- Land rushes - The ability to collect pre-registrations during the 'Sunrise' and 'Landrush' periods of new gTLDs represents a significant profit opportunity, available only to ICANN Accredited Registrars.
Start by assessing the feasibility of an ICANN Accreditation for your company at Zero cost.
Fill in our simple 3 step ICANN Accreditation Feasibility questionnaire and our consultants will revert to you with a 360° Cost Benefit Analysis.